Mar 13, 2017
Have you taken the time to really look around your office? How clean is your office? We all take the time to maintain a clean home because that is where we live, however we tend to neglect thorough cleaning at our offices or workplaces. There are a few ways that professional office cleaning can help you and your entire workforce!
Improved Efficiency and Productivity
Your employees are able to work much more efficiently when their desktop is not cluttered. Having a regular professional cleaning service, like Cape Cod Collaborative Cleaning, can come to your office. Having this service will ensure that your workers have an area where they can do their work in an efficient, focused manner. When they are not distracted by clutter, your workers will also be more productive. The combination of increased productivity and efficiency helps to ensure that your company can become more profitable.
Professional cleaning of your office removes not only dust, dirt and grime, but also bacteria and germs that can make your employees sick. The law requires that you protect the “health, safety and welfare” of your employees. That is one reason that you need to pay close attention to the routine cleaning of your office space. Your office is in essence a public space. Germs hang around on many surfaces which are touched by your employees, you and your customers. Dust can also contribute to increased sick days especially when employees struggle with allergies. Cleaning helps prevent “sick building syndrome” from happening at your place of work.
Improved Office Impression
You have heard the expression “First Impressions are everything.” When a client enters your office, a messy or dirty space can give them the wrong impression about your level of professionalism. Make sure that you look professional and organized from the moment someone walks in. This starts with a clean floor, dust free desks and file cabinets and moves on to clean bathrooms.
Tips for Keeping the Office Space Clean
Let’s face it, asking employees to clean up the office space never works! Beyond asking your employees to keep their own workspace neat, the deep down cleaning should be handled by someone else. Unfortunately, some employees resent being asked to do cleaning work, and few are trained in professional cleaning methods. Looking into hiring a professional cleaning company like Cape Cod Cleaning Collaborative is the best move you could make.
If your office space needs a little attention, consider professional help. From a professional carpet cleaner, window cleaners to professional cleaning companies like Cape Cod Cleaning Collaborative, you can keep your office space shining with the help of people that are trained to do the dirty work and allows you to leave your employees to focus on the work they do best.
Would you like a cleaning consultation at your office? Call Cape Cod Cleaning Collaborative today at 508-507-7500 or email [email protected].
Mar 8, 2017
Have you been thinking of renting out your home this Summer? Would you like to take advantage of the weekly summer rental rates in this area and have your home work for you? It’s not too late, but it will take a little bit of planning and an experienced rental agent to make it happen for you!
Whether you’d like to permanently convert your home into a vacation rental, or just rent out your home for a few weeks while you’re on vacation, there are people out there who will want to rent it from you, and local real estate agents that will help make it happen. It is important to know what you are getting into and to prepare accordingly. We are here to help with some helpful hints to make the process an easy one!
Getting your Home Ready to Rent
1. Keep careful records. Rental income is taxable, but many of the expenses you will incur as you prepare your rental are tax deductible. Keep detailed records of the money and time you spend getting your home ready to rent so that you can maximize your deductions at tax time.
2. Apply for a rental permit. Permits are not necessary in all areas, especially for short- term rentals, but many cities are responding to the growth of new rental trends by creating new forms of regulation. If a permit is required in your area, give yourself plenty of time to get through the application process before your first guests arrive. Remember that permitting and inspection fees, like all other expenses you incur while preparing your rental property, are tax deductible so be sure to keep careful records.
3. Acquire landlord insurance. Call your local insurance agent and ask if your current homeowner’s policy will cover the kind of rental situation you will be offering. Many policies will cover the occasional short-term rental, but for more long-term arrangements, you may need special coverage.
4. Prepare your home to rent, inside and out. Make sure that all appliances work, that furniture is comfortable and in good repair, and that everything is clean and neat. Ensure that safety equipment like smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers are in good working order and are clearly accessible. Remove all precious personal belongings to a secure location, such as a storage unit or primary home. Do the same with all toiletries and anything else you wouldn’t want a stranger snooping through. Put clean linens on all of the beds (if you are planning on supplying linens), and make sure that bathrooms are stocked with clean towels, soap dispensers are full, etc. The requirements for safety equipment in rental properties vary widely by region. Smoke detectors are the bare minimum in most places. You will be informed of further requirements through the permitting process. Unless you are going for a very high-end rental, do not furnish your rental with extremely expensive furniture, linens, towels, etc. These items are likely to get damaged or disappear. Look for items of decent quality that are not too expensive but are still comfortable.
5. Hire a reputable cleaning service. Some property owners are able to minimize costs by performing rental clean-outs on their own, but this can be a very time-consuming and difficult process, so it might be better worth your time to hire a professional service. Be sure to do some research first and hire a reputable company that is licensed and insured such as Cape Cod Cleaning Collaborative. Check with the cleaning company about non-toxic and chemical free cleaning as so many renters suffer from allergies to cleaning chemicals.
6. Hire a landscaping service. As with cleaning, some property owners take on landscaping chores themselves, but you may be better off hiring a landscaping service to take care of routine lawn maintenance and care. Landscaping services, like cleaning services and other maintenance costs are all tax deductible, and a well-maintained yard is more likely to get good reviews and repeat renters.
7. Create a system for providing a key or entry instructions to your guests. This is something that can be handled by your rental agent should you choose to use one. The check in and checkout instructions will be detailed with the lease and any inquiries etc. can be directed to the rental agent and their office, freeing you up to enjoy your time!
8. Create a welcome book or informational packet to give to renters when they arrive. Include information about the home and the local area. Providing information on local attractions and dining options, as well as emergency contact information is an option that guests love. Leaving a welcome gift like a fruit basket or bottle of wine is another great way to welcome guests and keep them coming back year after year.
Renting your home as a vacation rental can be a great opportunity and a source of income. The key is surrounding yourself with people you trust that will help and guide you through the process. Why deal with typing leases and collecting deposits when your rental agent can handle that for you?
If you’re thinking of renting your property, buying or selling on Cape Cod, we’re happy to talk through your goals and point you in the correct direction. Email your inquiry here.
Mar 5, 2017
Green Cleaning Your Home with Kangen Water and the Enagic® machine!
It is important to maintain a clean home to keep your family in the best of health. Unfortunately, many cleaning products available today contain toxic, unnatural ingredients that are harmful to the environment and to our health. Even some of the “all-natural” products on the market today contain harmful chemicals.
If you have been looking for green, safe cleaning products for your home, Cape Cod Cleaning Collaborative has the answer. We us the Enagic® water ionizing machine to make our own household cleaning products that will not pose a risk to your family. You can use different PH levels of water combined with only a saline solution to disinfect and clean your home. You will be amazed at the sparkle!
Let’s talk about a few of the ways you can use Kangen cleaning waters in different rooms in your home!
First let’s talk about the Bathroom. Although the bathroom is the second most germ filled room in your home, the bathroom is definitely a breeding ground for bacteria. Your bathtub is actually the dirtiest place in your bathroom1. Other areas in your bathroom that love to breed bacteria and should be watched out for are toothbrushes, countertops, the toilet and the bathroom sink. Here are a few pointers to keep your bathroom clean and safe for your family:
- Scrub the Tub: Wash your bathtub once or twice a week with Strong Kangen Water (PH 11.5) to fight tough dirt and stains, and then Strong Acidic Water (PH 2.5) to disinfect and stop germs from spreading.
- Clean Your Toothbrush: Besides switching your toothbrush out every 3 months, you should routinely disinfect it with Strong Acidic Water (PH 2.5) Once a week, spray your toothbrush with Strong Acidic Water and then rinse..
- Keep the Toilet Clean (Without Bleach or Chemicals): Thanks to Enagic®, you do not have to use bleach to keep your toilet sparkling clean! With your Strong Acidic Water (PH 2.5) spray bottle, attack toilet bowl germs 2 or 3 times a week. For stubborn toilet bowl stains, use full-strength Strong Kangen Water (PH 11.5).
- Clean with Confidence: Clean all over surfaces with Strong Kangen Water (PH 11.5), including doorknobs, cabinet hardware, sinks and faucets, floors, etc. Feel confident knowing that you’re keeping your home safe, spotless, and green!
The kitchen contains a plethora of germs, with more bacteria than even your bathroom!2 With so many pathogens lurking about your countertops, cutting boards, sponges, and dish rags, we will use Enagic® to help you maintain a safe, clean kitchen.
Here are some helpful tips to ward off the germs in the kitchen:
- Clean Your Sponges: Wash your sponges regularly in the dishwasher and microwave them for two minutes while still damp. This can help remove germs that easily spread from your sponge to your countertops and dishes.
- Keep It Clean :Use the All-Purpose Strong Kangen Water (PH 11.5). to wipe away germs from cutting boards, your sink and faucet, garbage cans, countertops, cabinet hardware, knives, floors with messy spills, etc. Strong Kangen Water is a powerful all-purpose cleaner that fights grime, grease, stains, germs, and dirt all over your house. You should then spray these items with Strong Acidic Water (PH 2.5), which acts as a disinfectant. Keep two spray bottles of these extra strength cleaners close by, and keep those germs on the run!
- Wash Your Hands: Before and after handling food, be sure to wash your hands. The Enagic® Hand Sanitizer will help keep your hands disinfected with Strong Acidic Water (PH 2.5) as you prepare healthy foods and cook delicious meals for your family.
Window Cleaning has always been my least favorite task. I was never able to clean a window without streaking it. When you open the window shades to let the sunlight shine through your home, the last thing you want to see is dust build-up or streaks left behind from a window cleaner. How can you achieve crystal clear windows without the use of chemicals? The 6.0 PH Kangen Water is the best glass cleaner you will ever use! Spray it on, wipe it off with a rag and you will be streak free!
The Enagic® water machine will produce as much water as you need to fight germs before they become a health risk. All you need is a little preparation to make sure your spray bottles are well labeled and situated, and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to maintain a green and clean household!
There’s no reason to use chemicals to clean when you have an Enagic® machine! Appreciate your clean and safe home, and enjoy the greener life. If you don’t have an Enagic® machine be sure to use a cleaning company that does!
For more information on green cleaning your home or additional information about the waters made by the Enagic® machine contact Cape Cod Cleaning Collaborative today!